Network Architects – to take a note on “Intent Driven Networks” – The New Trend in Datacenters
The next holy grail of the data center is intelligence. With it, network architects can also overcome the extreme challenges they face in modern times. A well-resourced team of engineers may be able to design and manage a network that meets the needs of the enterprise, but it is no longer possible for them to comprehend everything that goes on within an environment.
In addition to unplanned outages and costly troubleshooting processes, the problem has become so grave that many businesses will face a significant increase in costs if they don’t invest in data center intelligence. It turns out that there is a solution to this technological headache: Intent-Driven Networks.
Intent-Driven Network is still a new concept, but Huawei’s CloudDataCenter Networking Solution using its Intent-Driven Network is already available and handling some of the most demanding workloads in the data center.
Intent-Driven networking–what is it for the network architects?
Intent-Driven Networks are innovative because of the algorithms that support them. We have finally reached the point where machine learning can assist in understanding how a network is used. Artificial intelligence (AI) can then be used to devise the ideal configuration for the network, ensuring maximum reliability and redundancy.
Intent-Driven Networks are different from traditional networks because they can monitor, identify, and respond in real-time to changing network conditions.
Intent-Driven Networks are defined by Gartner as:
- Taking policy input from end-users and converting it into the necessary configuration for the network, and then proving that the result is correct.
- Configuring, orchestrating, and automating changes across heterogeneous network infrastructures, irrespective of network architectures and device types.
- Using multiple mechanisms to manage infrastructures, such as Secure Shell (SSH), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Network Configuration (NETCONF)/Yet Another Next Generation (YANG), and APIs.
- This program pulls real-time information about the network status of the systems under its immediate control on a variety of protocols and transports. The system continuously validates (in real-time) that the system’s intent is being met (or prevents changes from happening) and can take corrective actions when the intent is not being met (or when changes are not being prevented).
The features of an Intent-Driven Network are particularly valuable to organizations that want to implement advanced technologies in their IT environment, including automatic network configuration, predictive analysis, and other AI features.
SD-WAN network architecture and What They Are Used For
A software-designed WAN (SD-WAN) is an approach to managing wide area networks that rely on cloud-based technology as the world transitions from hardware to software. As a result of high latency, organizations reported negative user experiences, and the SD architecture aims to make managing wide area networks easier while improving network capabilities at the same time.
Huawei brings Intent-Driven Networking to datacenters
Huawei unveiled its Intent-Driven Network for CloudFabric Cloud Data Center Networking Solution at CeBIT 2018. “Intelligent connectivity is the foundation for enterprises’ digital platforms,” Leon Wang, general manager of Huawei’s Data Center Network Domain at the time, said. With the new Intent-Driven Networking for CloudFabric Solution, the users’ business logic and service strategy are used to build an intelligent platform that connects business intent with network architecture, better enabling digital transformation.”
Huawei’s Intent-Driven Network for CloudFabric solution includes the following features:
- Intent-driven network automation: Intent-Driven Networking has the advantage of automating. It will be of great help to managers if it is implemented in the data center. In the Intent-Driven Network for CloudFabric, the Agile Controller allows network designs to be automatically completed based on a business’ service intent and scaled up to 100,000 servers.
- Predictive analysis: In data centers, it is crucial to detect problems as early as possible. With Intent-Driven Network for CloudFabric, FabricInsight analyzer establishes expected network behavior models using analytics and machine learning, and then continuously verifies network status against these models. As a result, anomalies can be detected within seconds, allowing managers to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Futureproof: Intent-Driven Network for CloudFabric’s core switch, the CE12800, supports 36 x 400G line cards, which will allow for continuous evolution over the next ten years. The system can operate at full bandwidth without bottlenecks.
Huawei’s CloudFabric cloud data center networking solution has been well received by customers. Huawei is currently serving more than 2800 data centers and is the third biggest data center provider in the world (and the largest in China). Several massive applications are running on those data centers. In addition to operating the largest private cloud datacentre in Asia-Pacific, Huawei is also supplying 322 CE12800 switches to some of China’s biggest companies.
These businesses will benefit most from the automation that lies at the core of Intent-Driven Networks. CloudFabric deployments will be even more efficient and intelligent with automation that helps network engineers keep the data center operational and reduce the cost of downtime.
Internet access is predicted to be available to 77 percent of the world’s population by 2025. Intent-Driven Networks are the only way to maintain the integrity of networks when there are 100 billion connection points, which is where AI will come into play.
“The Intent-Driven Network solution will usher in a new era of network evolution. It will be extensively used in both enterprise and carrier sectors. The march toward autonomous networks will help Huawei embrace the Intelligent Era,” Network Product Line president Kevin Hu said.
Huawei offers a wide range of technology solutions that can benefit both enterprises and governments as one of the global R&D leaders.
What is the benefit of using the Field Engineer platform for network architecture needs?
You can find network architects near you on Fieldengineer.com. If you are interested in hiring a freelance network architect in the global freelance marketplace, visit Fieldengineer.com.
Read Related Article: 10 Best Digital Marketing Channels | Effective Strategy